Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sports Day, Rainy Day

And the crowd goes wild!
Sports Day (체육대회) was held today, despite having been canceled earlier this semester due to the national tragedy, and despite this morning's constant drizzle. Classes were canceled and a multi-athletic tournament was held between homeroom classes. I enjoyed watching my students burst out of their shells and prove their passion for something other than studying. The weather certainly didn't dampen their spirits; if anything, it only fueled their determination to make the most of a day off. Although it may have been wiser for me to spend my free day catching up on work, I don't regret sticking around to watch all the games and chatting with the students. Plus, there was free ice cream all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate