Tuesday, December 10, 2013

High Places

High places of two kinds
I took this photo using my phone's camera; its panorama setting is really impressive. This was an interesting juxtaposition I came across while taking a short walk near my apartment: a hillside cleared for some traditional statues facing several twenty-story apartment buildings just across the road. There was a temple nearby, too -- the smallest and humblest of temples, more like a shrine -- but I couldn't help feeling that its placement was similarly incongruous.

On a completely different note, my life has ceased to exist outside of school and graduate school applications. The bright side is that I'm exactly halfway through the aforementioned applications. Plus, Christmas is only two weeks away! Best of luck to everyone immersed in final exams now, and also, happy Advent season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate